So, a lot has happened since my last post. I know that I need to finish the trip updates, if not for everyone else at least for myself and Nate. It is nice to have a record of our trip.
We arrived in WA the day of the big snowstorm before Thanksgiving. What a day! I will post about it.
Nate and I decided that since we weren't having luck finding jobs, that we would go back to school seeing as how Nate only had 20 credits left to graduate and I needed to fix some grades so I could go back for my bachelors degree. Funny thing, the classes I needed to fix are some of the ones Nate needed to graduate. History, Meteorology and Psychology. We enjoy 2 of the classes and don't really enjoy the history class as our professor is a bit of a ping pong ball. He jumps all over the place and is less than coherent.
I finally got a job interview of sorts on Wednesday 2-9-11 at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett. They hold an information session about their new graduate positions and then have a mini interview afterward. I feel pretty good about it. If they liked me, I will hear within another week or so whether I'm selected for a longer more formal interview. We really need me to get this job. It is the first bite since I got my licensure and started looking. For a field that needs lots of help, they don't want to help out the new graduates.
We have started our search for our own house. We have been living with Nate's parents which is nice, but we do miss our own space. I know the dogs miss all of our furniture that they are allowed on. We are not entirely specific on where we want to live...still in debate. We just know that we want a big yard for the puppies and that this is our temporary home. We will live there for a bit until we get resettled and in a better financial state and then we will look for a more forever us home.
We plan on going to the home show next week and getting some ideas. Looking forward to that. Life is crazy as always in our world, but we are plugging along.
Nate still needs to find employment as well. He's still looking in the IT field, Systems Administration is his area. Hopefully jobs will come for us soon. For now, that's all I know. Night all.
No comments:
Post a Comment